skip to main | skip to sidebar

With a Guarded Heart and Unbridled Tongue

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

Monday, October 29, 2007

Full of Grace(land)


The front of Graceland and the front yard. It doesnt look like much now, but I am sure for back then it was grand. I like to imagine what it was like back in the 60's. I am sure it was a lot more secluded back then. I am positive that there were now Elvis Presley museums and gift shops across the street!








The thing that I loved the most was the rock fence that went around it. If that fence could only talk, the stories I am sure it could tell. My mother-in- law grew up in Memphis. She says that a group of her and her friends would go to Graceland and sit across the street and wait for Elvis to walk down the driveway to the mailbox. He would wave at them and get the mail and walk back up the drive.






























Written by: always kris at 5:52 PM

2 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Wouldn't Elvis just turn over in his grave if he knew what a nutjob his kid turned out to be?

October 29, 2007 9:56 PM
Little Wing said...

Really great pictures Kris!

November 02, 2007 4:14 PM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

always kris
"Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts. So, when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will." ~ from the movie 'Hope Floats'
View my complete profile

I let my guard down for...

  • Adam
  • Anne
  • Burg
  • DC Chick
  • Desiree
  • Eileen
  • Fussy B
  • Goro (AWOL / MIA)
  • Joe
  • Joie
  • Just Why (AWOL / MIA)
  • Little Wing
  • Midnight
  • Mt Detroit (AWOL / MIA)
  • Ordinary Girl
  • Tobiwan
  • Village Idiot
  • Wild Cat
  • Woodrow

Places I like to go

  • Blogthings
  • Cartoons
  • Poem Hunter
  • Quotes
  • World Clock

Bricks in my wall:

  • ►  2008 (6)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ▼  2007 (139)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ▼  October (7)
      • I died & went to heaven
      • Full of Grace(land)
      • Living to be 100
      • Fall!
      • A rekindled lost love
      • Lost posts
      • What is it?
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (20)
    • ►  April (23)
    • ►  March (28)
    • ►  February (30)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2006 (138)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (48)
    • ►  October (45)
    • ►  September (27)