Friday, July 06, 2007

At VI's request

I am standing in the doorway to the kitchen, looking in the living room.


(notice the cat in the background...that is my baby!) I am standing at the backdoor taking this picture, coming in from the carport, it is also the second doorway to the kitchen.


I think he's mad. He wanted to play Monopoly, but they wanted to play Life! Poor baby.


I have been on vacation this week. I needed a vacation SO bad. I was about to explode if I didnt get out of there. Since Hubby just started a new job, he doesnt have any time to take off, so going somewhere was out of the question. So I have just been at home. Relaxing with the kid and the new furniture.

That is my daughter and her boyfriend, the same one that has been around since December. They are playing a game and the cat is observing.

Our house is very small by American standards. It is only about 900 sq ft, but every space is utlized well, with lots of closets and storage. It is 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths. We have lived here ten years. This is our first house we have bought. We rented up until we bought. I love owning my own home, regardless of how small or old it is. It's mine! (and the bank's ~ lol)

There used to be dark paneling in the living room and hallway, but we painted it. There used to be old, cheap, stained carpet, but we pulled a corner back one and discovered hardwoods underneath. We pulled up all the carpets after that. I will never have carpet in a house again. I love the hardwood, especially with pets!

We went last night to see our newest nephew who was born yesterday. His name is Sam. He is the 13th neice/nephew from my hubby's family. There is another nephew due in October.

5 comments:

Vi said...

Glad to see your girl is still with his boy! I'd prefer life to monopoly as well!

Anonymous said...

Awww your daughter and her boyfriend are too cute. Looks like they wont be getting into too much trouble playing innocent games like that! Phew. ;)

Mrs. S. said...

For a minute I thought they were playing Chutes and Ladders.

Ordinary Girl said...

So nice to see kids being kids, instead of mini adults!!

Little Wing said...

I live in a small house too, and I love it!

Your hardwood floors are beautiful!

Nice to know where the daughter is, I bet! They are so cute!