Say it aint so! Lindsey Lohan arrested. Again? And this time charged with cocaine possession. Who would have ever guessed?! Hmmm, how about the 90% of the free world! DUH! I guess that rehab worked real well for her huh? About as good as it worked for Nicole, Paris and Britney? Seems like the only rehab that may work for the rich, famous and spoiled is one called j-a-i-l.
It just kills me how we are supposed to turn our heads for the rich and elite in this country and let them slide by doing things that the rest of us would pay for the rest of our lives. A drug arrest is something that could keep the common person from getting a job, but yet in Hollywood it is more like a job pre-requisite. Is that what we call equality in the US? I dont think so. If you have money you can get away with anything. Pisses me OFF!
Did you read or hear about the first base coach that was hit by a foul ball and died? It happened where I live. And I was just there at the game the night before, sitting down the first base line. It scares me that death has seemed to be close and around me so much the past week.
Sunday evening I made dinner for daughter's boyfriend and a family friend of ours. The friend was leaving at the same time I was leaving to take daughter's bf home. I was the last one out the carport door. It was dark and the carport light was on. We have a recycle tub underour carport and something caught my eye around the corner of the tub. Something moved. Then I realized and yelled, "There's a snake!" Oh yeah, they all came running. Daughter was shrieking of course. Hubby moved the tub and there was a small garden snake. It seemed a little slow and dazed. I figure that our male cat brought it up and it crawled under the bucket to escape and the cat left it. Thanks! We got a broom and swept it off the carport and it crawled in to the backyard. I didnt want to kill it. It is a 'good' snake; it eats other bad snakes and mice. Of course now I wont go bopping out the backdoor with out shoes on or looking down before I step!
Daughter leaves Sunday to go to church camp for a week. This will be her 5th year to go. If you cant tell, I am very proud of my daughter. She is the light of my life. I get sad sometimes thinking about how old she is and that I dont have that much time left with her in my immediate life. Soon she will be branching out on her own and I wont be there. I hope that I have some how made a positive impact and influence on her life. I think I have, I just hope that she will always be able to pull that out and remember it. I know she did last night. I have ever been so proud of her. As a 13 year old, there are certain movies that her dad and I dont allow her to see. Call us strict or call us prudes, whatever, its a choice that we make. She had gone swimming with some friends yesterday, then over to a friends house to get ready and go to a movie. The phone rang about the time they were supposed to be leaving for a movie. It was my daughter. She asked me to come pick her up at the friends house. Apparently her friend and some others had all decided to go see the movie that we had told her that she couldnt. Her friends had tried to convince her to go ahead, knowing that there was no way that we would know for sure what movie she saw. My daughter told me later that she couldnt have done that. That her conscience would have eaten at her. I was so proud of her and the way she stood up and did what wasr ight, not saying it is wrong to see that movie, but it was right to do what her parents told her to.
Oh goody~ five months from today will be Christmas Eve...
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
No way
Written by:
always kris
at
5:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Kris, I love you and I think your daughter is a testament to the wonderful woman that you are but honey, please, don't mention christmas again before december! ;-)
LOL Angela! Thank you. Dont worry, I havent bought a gift. I was in the Hobby Lobby the other day and they are putting out all the you-know-what decorations. I was a scrooge last year and I am sure I will be again this year....but I always count the months it seems on the 24th and 25th...sorry! :-)
kris, your daughter is an absolute jewel.
You have done a fine job raising her!
Sopunds like you're doing a splendid job! It is bittersweet as they get older. I remember how scary it seemed when they passed certain milestones, it just seems to happen so fast. The 1st job, the drivers licence, 1st overseas trip without us.... the list goes on. And then there are the times when they just want to bond with their friends. I just think about how it will come full circle and we'll be so close when she starts having children. At the moment its a bit like the tide only not so predictable! My eldest is 20.
Oh goody~ five months from today will be Christmas Eve...
Great.... now I'm all excited!
Kris - I followed you over here from Burg's blog and started reading a bit. I used to live in Benton and have gone to many a Traveler's game. I'm assuming you're talking about the Traveler's/Driller's game.
I haven't read enough to know how old your daughter is, but I do know how you feel. My son is 15 (10th grade) and my daughter is 12 (7th grade). And I know my time with them is fleeting. My daughter is at church camp right now - only two days since we dropped her off and I already miss her. What will I do when she goes away to college???
Post a Comment