Wednesday, July 18, 2007

2 4 1

Tuesday 7/17/07
Two hours before the visitation of my daughter's friend's dad'sfuneral, the deceased's father passed away. So in the span of four days this 13-year-old girl has lost her father and her grandfather. I think the grandfather's health was failing already and the strain of losing his son was just too much. I know that doesnt make it any easier for my daughter's friend to handle, plannning and attending two funerals in one week.

The funeral was today. It was sad. It was tender to see so many children reaching out to their friend. They looked so much like mini adults, as I know they are, but it was reassuring to see these kids growing up right in front of my eyes it seemed.


One thing that the funeral brought to light to me today, that is share with my dad now the memories and the times of him and I that are special to me. I am going to sit down and write out those out and mail them to him. It is so sad that we wait until death to express to our friends and loved ones the special place that they hold in heart or the memories that we cherish with them. I encourage you to find the time and the strength today or within the next few, to tell a loved one or a friend what they mean to you, that your life is better because of them and maybe a memory of them that you treasure.

Here is an update on my wildlife sightings, last night about 8:30 my daughter and I were on our way home and there was a snake crossing the road. I went over the top of him, I thought I hit him, but I looked in my rearview mirror and I saw him crawling off. And then we were just a few blocks from our house and see a commotion in the street. It looks like a pack of dogs or something in the middle of the road, so of course I slow down. Right as we get up to them, they are scurrying up the embankment...it is a family of 5 or 6 raccoons! Now I don' t mind them, but I don't want them to get around my house and get in to my trash or pester my cat.


Speaking of which, we had to get our outside male cat a new collar this weekend. He had lost the bell, then he lost his name tag and his collar was all frayed and old. His new collar is black and has reflective stars and moons all over it. It has a little bell that dings so that the poor little birds will stay away and he got a nice, new shiny red, heart tag with his name, address and phone number on it. There is also a rubber guard around the tag so that it wont clang, but it also is reflective. He looks quite stylish now. But I have this vision of him walking up in his circle of friends and all of them pointing at him,laughing, making fun of him. "Awww, did your momma get you a new collar? (sarcastic tone) Oh and look it has a nice, shiny, girly sounding bell on it." Then of course after they make fun of him, he jumps on them and beats the daylights out of them.


Wednesday 7/18
I think I might function better today if I just intravenously hooked up a coffee pot to me. I am soooo tired. The funeral yesterday mentally drained me and thus I was physically exhausted by the time I got home. I had to peel my contacts off my eyes. I was proud of myself though; I was able to stay awake for Big Brother. I had thought to myself earlier in the night that I would never be able to stay awake till 9pm.


Is anyone else watching Big Brother 8? Does anyone else want to kick Jen out TODAY?!? If I were Kail I would be kicking myself in the butt for not putting her last week when she had the opportunity and every one suggested it to her. I am glad that Danielle got the POV! I love watching her and Nick together! So do you think Nick really likes her or is it all a strategy move? Do you think she will eventually fall for him too even though she has a boyfriend? Who WOULDN'T fall for him?!?! I like Danielle, but seriously, they need to feed her. She cant go another week on slop. She looks way too skinny. When Amber went to hug her last night I was afraid she was going to break a few bones if she squeezed her too tight. And if Amber cries ONE MORE TIME I am going to PUKE! That girl cries if she is happy, sad, mad, tired, hungry, has to go the bathroom! I think she must cry 24/7!

5 comments:

Little Wing said...

My heart breaks for that 13 year old girl.
You are so right when you say we need to let people know we love them while they are alive.

The cat story was precious!

Vi said...

That letter idea is good, Kris. May do that for my dad, not that I have a lot of good things to say to him, but feel he'll be dead before I ever get to visit oz agaon.

Oh and yes to watching BB 8, but here in the uk!

always kris said...

LW, would you believe that she has been "going out"...at 13, where do they go?...but anyway...with a boy who's dad died of cancer in December. It was heart wrenching watching these poor kids. It was just back in early December that they also lost one of the youngest teachers / coaches at their school due to a brain anerism. (however you spell it!)

VI...I am a HUGE BB addict! I still havent written my letter, but I am taking notes. My dad's bd is in August.

Little Wing said...

Well at least her and her boyfriend can understand such pain and share it .....
good question, where DO they go?????

Ordinary Girl said...

It is very sad for such young lives to be touched by sadness so early. I hope you are feeling better about it now.

As for BB, I love it too, and it's weird to know the US version are eating slop too. The UK did that a few weeks ago.