Monday, November 05, 2007

Everyone survived!

It was a great party! We had a party for daughter's 14th birthday. We rented a pavilion at a local park that had a basketball court next to it, volleyball poles and two tetherball poles. We grilled hot dogs and marshmallows and ate cake. The weather was perfect. It was a little warm, but there was a tad bit of crispness in the air. It was fun and the kids seemed to have a good time.

My mom, stepdad, dad, stepmom, brother, sister in law and nephew all came for the family fun. There were 15 kids that came out of 30 invited, just like my mom said, 'expect at least half.' What a smart woman she is! Daughter got lots of money and gift cards. I loved watching her with all her friends and knowing that she is a good kid. It made my heart swell with pride.

After the party, she went to the movies with a friend, while hubby and I came home and watched college football. Whoooooo Pig Sooooooie! Go Razorbacks! lol D Mac broke some school records and hopefully increased his chances for the Heisman. Do I honestly think he stands a chance at getting it?!? Noooooooo.

We went Sunday to visit one of hubby's sisters. It was daughter's actual birth day. There was a lot of hubby's family there for S-in-l's baby's christening. The drive there was nice, the leaves are starting to turn and it was beautiful. I got to hold the baby and rock him to sleep. That was nice too. There are days when we consider the possibilty of having a second child.....

3 comments:

Vi said...

Is that a little 'clucking' I hear in your voice?

always kris said...

lol VI, or maybe the 'ticking' of my biological clock.

Complex Girl said...

Hi Kris.

I'm still about - just lurking in the moment, and in a new guise.

OG (as was)