My faith in humaity was restored last night.
It is deer season, so hubs is at the deer cabin. It is close to the in-laws so daughter went to hang there with her cousins that her age. I opted to stay home...see previous post. lol I enjoy my time at home.
I was hungry and one of the joys of being home alone is I can go out and get what I want. I was in the mood for a taco salad, so I went to Taco Bell. Ok, ok, I know, not the best choice, but I didnt want to wait. I was in line and low and behold, it was taking a little while and being woman, I didnt stop for gas, but was low on it, so I thought, "hey, turn the truck and conserve gas." So I did. Sure enough...as soon as I did that, the line began to move. I went to turn the truck on and guess what? Oh yeah...it's dead. How embarrassing.
Of course the drive thru lane was only big enough for one vehicle, so I got out and informed the people behind me of my plight. It was two women in the front, but unbeknownst to me, there were two men in the back. They offered to push me back, towards the back of the parking lot. Of course, I accepted...what else could I do? They pushed me back. I thanked them. They asked if they could call a tow for me, I told them that I was going to call and friend and have them come and give me a jump. It sounded like the truck battery was just dragging.
Then I remembered, hub's friend is with him deer hunting. So I call a friend from work to see if her hubby can help. No such luck, he got called out on his job....on the railroad. She wasnt even at home, she was out with her mom and to top it off, her son had her car. No such luck there either. I start to consider walking home, thinking of the shortest route. I dont live in "good" neighborhood. We bought here ten years ago and the community has started to decline. It is dark and it is cold, but I figure I can stick to the main road for 75% of the way. I am willing to trust my luck, at this point, what other option do I have? I do have one more friend I was going to try. As I am getting ready to dial her number, I notice the truck that was behind me in line with the men that had pushed me had circled back around. I rolled the window down and they asked me if I needed them to give me a jump.
YES!
Thank you God!
They popped the hood and soon discovered the problem, the battery terminals are nasty and caked over. They tell me they need to cleaned. I agree. So they pop the jumper cables on and I turn the key and the truck starts right up. I thank them again for their help. Again.
I got in the truck and sat there. Safe. Warm. And I realized there are still good people in the world today. I know it was a small action that most people would have done, but it felt good.
On another note....What an AWESOME day to be a Razorback fan!!! OMG!!!! What a GREAT game!!!
Thanksgiving was good for me and my family. We went to my mom's and had a great day.
On a much sadder note, my mom had to take her dog and have her put to sleep on Friday. She had been a part of our lives for 17 years. We are all sad, but know it was for the best. R.I.P. Abby.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Being and doing good
Written by:
always kris
at
8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sweetie, there are always some good people out there to help us.
And I'm sure you are also one of them.
xx
Awww VI, YOU are one of them!
I know there are always good people out there, but sometimes all we seem to hear about are the bad, so it felt good to experience GOOD.
XX
hi sweetie, I'm off to Oz, just thought I'd stop by and say merry christmas!
I stopped hunting years ago. But as a master mechanic I've stopped and helped others many times.
On a Long Island freeway one day I helped a man change a tire and he insisted on giving me 40 bucks, saying that if he had left the car to go look for help that it would have been broken into and striped.
What a world.
Merry Christmas Kris if you are around, hope to see you blogging again soon!
Post a Comment