I got home from work yesterday and my daughter had retrieved the Christmas tree box from the carport and managed to put it together herself! Yes, in a way I do feel bad that my child had to put up her own tree, but in another I feel thankful for the help. So last night while she was at a friend's house, I wrapped presents. So we now have a tree with presents under it! I am starting to feel the Christmas spirit creeping in.
This weekend will be full of activities and family. Saturday my daughter and I (hubby has to work) are traveling for about an hour to my dad's house for Christmas. My brother, his wife, their son, my sister, her husband their twin sons, my stepsister, her husband, their daughter and son will be there. My poor daughter used to be the only girl among all the boys, so she is the one that usually gets picked on and poked. The other girl is too young to get involved with the rowdiness. I have purchased all the kids, including my daughter and my dad, who is the biggest kid of all, nerf dart guns. So I am hoping that they will be able to run around and play together without breaking anything!
Sunday we (husband, me and daughter) will be traveling an hour and a half to my mom's. My mom, stepdad, stepgrandparents, my brother, his wife and their son will be there also. I get to see them two days in a row! After all the presents are opened, we have to do our family tradition, watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Yes. I admit freely we are a redneck family!
What are some of your family traditions at Christmas?
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Getting in the mood!
Written by:
always kris
at
10:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Clark W. Griswold is no redneck! My family tradition was watching 'A christmas story' until we all went our respective ways.
I guess I don't have any traditions I follow anymore other than celebrating it on the day it happens.
Merry Xmas Kris!
Tobi, MAKE a tradition now! This year! Thank you, Merry Christmas to you too!
Have a lovely Christmas Kris. No tradition I really have as yet with my boys, as having to 'share' them with their dad, makes it hard. (Apart from putting the decks up on the 1st Dec!)
My tradition is get wangtangoed, Kris. Hope you do the same!
Merry Christmas, Kris!
Cool !! National Lampoon Christmas was on tonight! I watched it and laughed thinking i am joining in ur tradition
Post a Comment