Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Blogging 101

How do you read your blogs? Do you start at the beginning of your list? Alphabetical order? Or with your favorite? Or maybe you save the best for last?

How do you decide on the blogs you want to add to blog list? What if you add someone,but then you lose interest in their blog? Do you delete them? What if they notice?

Do you have blogs that you lurk on? And never comment? Why dont you comment?

When you do comment, do you go back and check during the day to see if the writer has commented on your comment?

EDIT: 4:25pm CST, April 11
Define "blog crush".

14 comments:

Eileen Dover said...

Wow.

I tend to read through a feed, and it's in alpha order. I have about 100 blogs I read, and I try to go back and read and see if the blogger has commented back, but sometimes I forget. Sometimes I just leave my little nugget of a comment... and leave.

always kris said...

What too many questions? lol I do have a tendency to "over analyze". I love asking questions though, that is just part of my personality.

Wow. A 100? So when do you find time to work?? lol

Unknown said...

I'm alphabetical, (sometimes reverse) but unlike Eileen, can't always think of anything smart enough with which to comment.

If I can get the brainbox to work, I'll go back and check to see if it's been acknowledged.

Link if they link.

Many, many, on which I lurk.

Faves are sometimes not so PC.

always kris said...

Wombat, that is like me. I love to read, but I cant always come up with the quick wit recquired to comment. Or I will think of a comment and consider it too weird to leave, only to have someone else come along and say exactly what I was thinking. Oh well...such is life.

Dont we all have a few faves that we delve in to that aren't PC? ;)

Midnight said...

I'm alphabetical, through the faves on my blog. I only comment if something springs to mind.

I do lurk on a few blogs because I like to read them but don't feel part of the clique and it feels like comments might be invasive.

I link if I like what I read and if I get bored it's the big delete. I don't have much time for blogging lately so my read list is getting smaller by the day.

Unknown said...

Ah, we have much in common, Kris.

Should make a pact to comment on every blog we go to, no exceptions?

The more I see, the more I think that weirdness makes the world go around.

Tiffanie said...

I comment when something really touches me. I link to someone when I feel I have something in common with what they write about. And I delete them if I find that I don't visit their site anymore.

Woodrow said...

I link to the blogs that I know link to me and ones that I like to read daily. Yes, I've removed links. Usually because they stop posting regularly.

always kris said...

I guess I go to blogs in order of who I KNOW is going to post, as opposed to those who sometimes do...does that make sense? I wonder what it is that binds us together in certain blogging tribes? A clique as Middy said. Is it what we ARE or what we secretly wish we WERE? awww...I wonder, based upon Wombat and I's addmission of visiting sites that aren't 'PC' what that says about us??? hmmm

I am careful Middy not to just add anyone to my blog list, for the reason you sited, not enough time to read and comment. I would love to read more, but I just cant.

Tiffanie, I think that is what brings us together, we share a common feeling.

yeah Woodrow, I had to delete a few, but just because they shut their blog down.

So if you keep visiting a blog and commenting, but they never come to your's, are you condidered a blog "stalker"? lol

Vi said...

I have my bloggers in on my favourites list in explorer. Since I lost my PC, I've had to go off my blog roll till I get time to add to faves again.

I used to go alphabetically but now go to the 'oldies' first. You know me, comment on just about all posts!

Blog crush - someone you fancy and thinks really cool, even if you haven't a clue what they look like.

Tobiwan said...

I tend to rely on others to maintain the list of people I visit on a regular basis. There's no particular pattern to those I visit and those I don't at least, as far as I've seen.

As a rule, if I don't have anything constructive or interesting to say, I'll continue lurking.

Eileen Dover said...

Blog crush, for me, is someone, same sex or other, that you just admire for their writing.

And when do I find time to work? Well, somehow!

Actually, I rarely sleep. That's the more important thing.

Mrs. S. said...

I've figured out who updates when.. I look at some in the mornings, and some at night. I comment mostly at night though when I don't have a kid in my lap.

I have a system when I find a new blog.. Lurk, Comment, Link. I've been lurking everywhere a lot lately..

Anonymous said...

A blog crush? I favour Eileen's description.

I have a few crushes - writers who draw me back either because something about themselves snags my attention or because I love their writing.

I don't always have the time (or wit) to comment on everything I read, and I don't tend to bother on sites where I would be number 151 for that day (sites like Petite Anglaise for instance) even if I particularly like what they've written.

-JW