Why does it seem that most ideas and thoughts come to you in the shower? I can think of so many things to write about when I am in the shower, but as soon as I where I can sit and write, they are gone. Like water down the drain. So. Here’s the idea I came up with this morning…what if there was a waterproof laptop that you could type on while you were in the shower?!? Soon there would be shelves and alcoves in shower stalls where we can stand and blog! Oh hell, why stand? Lets make the showers big enough to put a small desk area and we can sit down, shower, and blog as all the ideas come pouring out, like the water from the shower head! (I love analogies....can you tell?)
I work in the house financing business and a lot of times we get to go out and look at houses. I love going to look at the new constructions. One jouise we went to had a fireplace in the master bedroom. So what, big deal huh? Well the fireplace was two sided, on the other side was the master bathroom. You could relax in this big Jacuzzi bathtub with a fire in the fireplace. All nice and toasty. And guess what was on the wall above the fireplace? A flat screen tv. Nice huh? Now all I would need is a little frig to keep the wine and fruit chilled.
We had a storm that came through about 1am this morning. I woke up and could hear the thunder way off in the distance. So could the dog. Our dog is TERRIFIED of storms. She knows the sound of the storm warning on the tv. She can be in a different part of the house sleeping, when a storm warning will come on and then she'll come slowly walking down the hall, ears back, eyes big, trembling and starting to whine. I guess she needs some of type of doggieValium.
I am not like that though, I love to hear the thunder and see the lightening. Especially when I am in bed sleeping. I raised the blinds and watch the lightening dance across the walls.
After the rain last night, every thing is so green this morning. The rain was good for the plants I just planted. We bought some flowers and two tomato plants a few weeks ago. We put the tomatoes in big planters. We tried to plant some a few years ago in our backyard in a little garden area, but it was too shaded and they died. I love fresh tomatoes in the summer, so I wanted to try again. I hope by having them in the planters, I can move them to sunlight or out, if needed. We had to bring them in for a few days over the weekend because of a frost warning, on Easter weekend!
Tomato plants and fresh tomatoes in the summer remind me of when I was a kid. We had rows of tomato plants. About 20-24 plants. There were just 4 of us in my family. And that was all we grew. Tomatoes. We ate them with every meal in the summer. I loved them. I would slice them up and sprinkle on a little salt and pepper, two or three at a time sometimes, and then drink the juice off my plate. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! The only time I didn’t like having tomatoes was when my dad would make my brother and me go out and ‘weed’ the garden.
My daughter got braces Monday. This is the second time she has had them. They went further around the side of her mouth this time. She got bright yellow and hot pink bands on them. I told her that her mouth looked like an Easter basket with dyed eggs in it and Easter was over!
She and I were talking later about her going to school the next day and all the kids seeing them. She is a typical teenager; her face is starting to break out with the pre-pubescent zits. So we were talking and she said, “Great! I have pimples and now braces!” Then all of sudden she said, “And GLASSES too!” I had forgotten that she had gotten glasses at the beginning of school so that she could see the blackboard. I had to stop myself from laughing. Awww, the joys of being a teenager! My little girl is a nerd!
I had a funny dream last night. First let me say that my grandmother had white hair from the day I was born. I don’t think I ever saw a picture of her when I was little that she didn’t have white hair. In fact, the first picture ever taken of her holding me, she had white hair. All of my life my dad has told me how much I am like her. So a few months ago when I started discovering these white coarse hairs on my head. I panicked. I have never been one to color my hair, but I guess it may be time to start because I don’t want to be prematurely gray! But in my dream last night, I was doing something to my hair and I parted it differently than I normally do and underneath my “normal” hair, was this white streak. It was like a bad dye job and my roots were completely white. Its funny now, but I wasn’t laughing in my dream!
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Yada, yada, yada
Written by:
always kris
at
5:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I always think of things when I'm trying to sleep. It's NOT a good thing.
I had braces as a child too...I hated them at the time, but now my teeth are vaguely straight, I'm very glad I went through it all those years ago!
When I go grey it's gonna be a nightmare...my hair is so dark it's gonna show big time!!
Thank God for "British teeth" - I've got a slight gap in my front teeth (which I used to be paranoid about) but I'm glad I didn't have braces.
Kids in my school with braces were called metal mickey (after a very lame TV program of the same name) or Jaws (we weren't a very imaginative group)
- JW
I get ideas for posts popping into my head in the shower too and while I'm lying in bed or driving. I always seem to forget them by the time I sit down at a PC again though. Must be old age!
If only I had that waterproof laptop when I spilt my wine!
Me, it's when I'm driving. Think TOO much when I'm driving.
The last time I wanted to sit down in the shower, it was because I had such a hangover, I couldn't stand up for longer than 30 seconds. I did actually put a plastic outdoor chair in the shower. No laptop, but it still worked for me
Mate, just let you know I've posted photos, cause I know how much you enjoy them and get really peeved when you miss them!
Did you tell your little girl that the 'nerd' look is in nowadays?
Then again, she's in HS and I haven't been able to identify with kids that age for quite some time.
Anyway, she should know that guys like girls with glasses too.
Thanks for the reminder about the tomatoes. That's going to be on my list of things this weekend. Nothing beats a fresh tomato, a salt and pepper shaker and a paper towel!
Oh my goodness Kris. I haven't read the whole post yet but just had to do this comment.
"All they needed was a little frig..."
Over here, a frig (as opposed to a fridge) is a wank (masturbation!).
That just made me laugh out loud. A jacuzzi, a fire and then a frig - ah, life would be complete!
I am with Burg.....it's the middle of the night and I am desperately trying to sleep and ten million things are running through my head!
She will be glad after her braces come off and her teeth are straight and lovely!
I tell you this...you could not PAY me to be a teenager again...ick! :)
I found your blog via Burg's.....great post! :)
I like the idea of the waterproof laptop...the shower is the only time I get any peace. I bet I could really do some thinking then. Had to follow the link from burg and see what you're all about.
Post a Comment