Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Testament

The funeral was two hours today. It was sad, but it was also a wonderful testament to a man that took great pride in his job and his life. I was proud that my daughter had the chance to know him, even if only for a few months. It was the first funeral I had been to where it was basically an open mic. Anyone that wanted to could get up and say something about him, tell a story or read a poem. His own parents and sister even spoke.

Isnt it a shame that a person has to die in order to see the people who's lives we have affected? So next time someone touches your heart or you feel like you are better person for knowing them, dont hesitate to tell them. Tell them now. Tell them before you might not have a chance to.

3 comments:

Mummy said...

Yip; tell them, show them, whatever it takes. I'm plsd you went to the funeral, hope ur daughter is holding up ok. Sometimes a funeral allows some closure and helps with grieving

Just... Why? said...

Beta sucks.

As I tried to say the first time -

It must have been a real source of comfort and pride to his family that he'd touched so many people's lives and left such a strong mark on his community at only 33.

Sam said...

Funerals help with closure and a time to say your farewells. I missed my mates funeral who died of the big C (was in oz), so went instead and said goodbye at the burial ground. I'll never forget her.