Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Beautiful Kids

I just got an update on my friend's son who had the brain tumor removed yesterday. This was an email from my mom. "Surgery was 4 to 5 hours. He was lucid enough that he was throwing a fit in recovery because he did not have any pants on. They could not calm him down so had to go get pants for him to wear. The tumor was not malignant." Thank God!

I am going to participate in a 5k walk this weekend for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation this Saturday. A guy I work with, his son has it. I cant imagine. I am taking my daughter and some of her friends to walk. They know the little boy's older sister.

I hope the weather is as nice Saturday as it here today. We turned the AC off last night it was so cool. On May 15! wow Even if it does warm back up by Saturday, I dont care. It will feel good to get out and get some exercise. The walk is downtown along the river, so it will be pretty scenery.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats wonderful news Kris. I worried about the boy and his mom..so this just made my day better. :)

Anonymous said...

That's good news about the tumor! :)

I had a first cousin die of CF (cystic fibrosis) when she was 7, a 2nd cousin die as a baby and that cousin's brother is now 30's and had a double lung transplant. All due to CF. I think it's awesome that you, and others like you, are doing walks and such to raise money and awareness of this disease. Not enough is being said about it.

(oh, i found you through Burg in case ya wondered)

always kris said...

Thanks alisa. Im glad I could make your day. Its been awhile since I have been able to do that. :)

tk, welcome! I have to admit that I dont know that much about it, but I love the family and cant stand to see what they go through. Thankfully, the boy's mom is a nurse and she can take care of him a lot at home. I hate to see any child suffer and they have no idea what is going on. Thank you for the lovely comment.

Anonymous said...

Very good news about the tumor.

Mrs. S. said...

So glad everything is okay..

I was just commenting about the weather today.. Cool in May?? Global warming my foot! I say the year's RECORD LOW TEMPS are God's way of telling those of us who are smart enough to recognize that HE is the one who is in control of the weather and everything else..

Vi said...

Oi! Check your inbox, you silly mare! There's an invite for you! or just go back to my blog and click on the other blog and put in your details, cause you got access!

always kris said...

Nope VI, when I try it says I am not invited. lol

always kris said...

Thanks LW. I found it humoreous that the first thing he realized was that he didnt have pants on.

Burg, I LOVE your way of thinking!

Anonymous said...

http://www.cff.org/AboutCF/

Tells about cystic fibrosis. If you are interested, anyway! :)

Off to read more of your entries. I got stuck at this one last time. LOL

Vi said...

It's on you kris1969 address!