Tuesday, May 08, 2007

How Things Sound

Ya know how sometimes you say things and you dont realize until after you've said it, what you really just said? This morning was a good example of that.

Most of you know about my baby, my youngest son. He just turned one in March. He is a cat. (I guess now would have been a good time to use those 'labels' on my posts, but I just havent wanted to do that...until now that is.) Anyway, he goes with me everywhere in the house. Hubby calls him my shadow. And as with most animals, they are pretty hyper in the morning time. He likes to play and run around in the morning while we are getting ready. I can usually look at his eyes and tell if he is getting ready to pounce by how big his eyes are.

This morning I was getting ready to get in the shower and he was there in the bathroom with me. I had taken off all my clothes and was getting ready to open the shower door, when I glanced down at him. I could tell by his eyes that he was getting ready to pounce. On me. So I yelled something at him and he laid back down.

As I closed the shower door, I heard my daughter say, "Mom?"

She was standing in the bathroom doorway and I said, "Yeah?"

"Do you know how that just sounded?"

"How what sounded?"

"What you just yelled at the cat?"

So I paused and thought a second about what I had said.
Then I laughed so hard I cried. I had just yelled,

"Get away from me you little freak! I'm naked!"

Thank God the windows were closed and hopefully the neighbors didnt hear.

14 comments:

DCchick said...

LMAO!

I love that your daughter called you out on it, because that's what I would've done to my mom!

Thanksfully, my pup won't go near me anytime he hears the water start or the shower curtin being pulled open.

Anonymous said...

That is SOOOOOOOO damn funny!

Anonymous said...

Heh. This was hilarious!

always kris said...

DC, my daughter doesnt miss a thing, unfornately sometimes. I bottle fed this cat as a kitten and gave him a bath as a baby, so he really doesnt have too much fear of water.

Littlwing, I asked hubby later if he heard me and our daughter laughing. He said, "yeah...I think the neighbors heard you too."

Desiree, what was funny is I didnt even realize it until I said it again to myself. I am sure with me saying things like that, the neighbors wonder how hubby and I even had a child to begin with. :) lol

Eric said...

How funny, I get told that all the time...... ;-)

always kris said...

Eric, I figured for you it went more like, "Get away from you freak, YOU'RE naked!" ;-)

Eric said...

Yeah something like that....lol

Sizzle said...

kinky! ;)

Adam said...

Try having to lock the bathroom door to avoid getting jumped in the shower...Wouldn't trade it for anything!

Vi said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You are so coy, you don't like the cat to see you naked!

always kris said...

lol Sizzle...hadnt thought of it that way.

Adam? You have the same problem? But you your 'problems' are bigger and there are two of them. Do they like water? Do they want to get in the shower with you?

VI, not so sure about the coy part...but he isnt declawed...that kind of scares me a little...as Joie says, I was worried about my "bits". :)

Midnight said...

My cats are voyeurs, they are intrigued by the shower and sit outside miaowing when I'm in there. I think they must be gay. Mind you one of them sneaks in to the bedroom when I'm making out, so maybe they swing both ways!

Mummy said...

I am laughing so hard at that !!! Classic!!

I'm always speaking to fatcat like hes a human ...

always kris said...

Awwww Middy, they just miss you. They arent gay. As to watching you in action, they are just picking up pointers to try on their dates.

They become like children Joie, so I think they are human!