I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cellphone?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?
This is something to make you go...hmmm...where is my Bible?
Oh, and one more thing.
Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.
Makes you stop and think, "Where are my priorities?
And there are no DROPPED CALLS!
Monday, March 19, 2007
Cellphone vs. the Bible
Written by:
always kris
at
8:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It's a nice idea, only the bible is so boring. I think there's a market for a red hot porno version of the bible, and I think I'm probably the gal to write it. Then people would be constantly flicking through it. What do you think?
Well actually the Bible does have a few pornographic scenes in it, read some of the Old Testament.
Kris I love the way you think and BIG UPS to you for` saying so and sharing your beliefs. Too easy now days to live the Bad life and forget the true meaning of it all. Often The Bible and God is pushed aside and taken out only when convienient.
You Go Girl!
You should have been a preacher. I don't suppose it's too late.
Thanks Joe! I do have beliefs, but I am also human. I have a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other, both talking at the same time...sometimes I listen to more one than the other, but then again, dont we all?
My daughter goes to a Christian school and we as a family go to church twice a week. I just feel that is an "edge" I can provide my daughter with that will help her to become a better adult. In today's society, dont we need all the help we can get?
Woodrow, I actually went to college to become a teacher. I have often been told I would have been good at job, but I dropped out of school with only a semester left and have never had the desire to go back.
Hi Kris,
I'm afraid that I do treat my Bible like my cellphone - I rarely remember to pick it up and always forget to top up my credit on it!
Too many years of Sunday School, Army church services and Cathedral-school indoctrination have chipped away what little belief I may otherwise have had.
We had our Daughter Christened, but we'll leave her to make up her own mind when she's older. As long as she picks up a strong moral structure, which she'll get from us with or without the church's help, I'm not too worried.
Post a Comment