The other day I was reading a blog and the writer mentioned something about short posts and how she couldn’t read long, rambling posts. I have to apologize now for any readers, but I write long posts. I can’t help it. I ramble. I start out with one idea, then it triggers another and then another and so on and so forth. I kind of feel the opposite about long posts as opposed to short posts. I like reading long posts that tell a story. I am kind of sad sometimes when I see a short post. I guess I know then that there wont be much to read and that the fun will soon be over. I like for the moment to last.
UGH! This weekend was the annual "Spring Forward" for Daylight Savings time. I hate this time change. It’s nice in the afternoons, but it is hard in the mornings. I didn’t have a problem with losing an hour of sleep yesterday, but this morning it hit double hard. I guess it wasn’t just the losing on an hour, but that coupled with the fact that my daughter is home on Spring Break this week and hubby is still unemployed, everyone was in bed still sleeping! I WANTED to be in bed still sleeping too. I think I may take off a few days at the end of the week and stay home too. Plus, it was still dark outside at 7am. I can predict the future. Really. I can. I can see me going to bed early tonight.
You know I thought when we finally got a new PC at home that I could have all this time on the weekends to lounge around and record all of my thoughts. Somehow it hasn’t worked that way though. Dreams and reality are never the same, are they? Now that we have a PC at home, my daughter has become quite computer suave and she now spends more time on the computer than I do.
The kids at her school have a website that they all go to. They can leave messages on each other's "walls" and share pictures. You have to be accepted as a 'friend' before you can see or comment on someone's page. It identifies you by the school you are in, so I feel pretty comfortable in her being there. Plus, I have her password and it is tied to our family email account. I told her that she wasn’t going to have any accounts on the computer that I didn’t know the password to.
Saturday, hubby and I took daughter and two of her friends to the girls State Championship basketball game for their high school. The girls bought plain white tshirts and paint and made their own tshirts. They painted their school name on their face and wore their uniform skirts. When we were at a game a few weeks ago, I started talking to a lady sitting in front of me. Her kids didn’t go to either of the schools that were playing, they were just there watching the games. It was her, her husband and their two sons. I was talking back and forth to her, she had asked me a question about my daughter's school. We conversed about the school and some of kids playing, giving her a little bit of info on certain players, etc. One of the sons turned around to me and said, "What's the deal with them wearing kilts?" I laughed. He was referring to the uniform skirts that the girls wear. Aw, gotta love those school uniforms!
This is the third year in a row that we have made it to the championship game. We have won the past two. This December, Coach Brady, the assistant coach to the girl’s team, died. When the playoffs started the girls had shirts made with his picture on the front and "Brady Bunch" on the back. This is the uniform that they chose to wear during their pre-game warm-ups.
It wasn't looking too good for us Saturday. We were struggling. At half we were only up by 1 point. Later in the third quarter, we losing by up to 10 points at one time. Our girls kept trying to shoot 3 pointers and they weren’t making it in. Finally we started a come back with 3 minutes left in the game and we ended up winning by 5.
When the buzzer sounded at the end of the game, one of the girls ran over to the sideline and grabbed one of the t-shirts. She ran to the center of the court and held up the t-shirt, showing his picture to the crowd. His parents were there. The team motioned for them to come down to the court and they did. The head coach and the girls hugged them and they accepted the trophy with the team. As his parents made their way to the court, the student section started chanting "Thank you Brady!" over and over. There was not a dry eye in the parent or student sections and there is not a doubt in any of our minds that we had an angel watching over us this Saturday afternoon. Thank you Brady.
UGH! This weekend was the annual "Spring Forward" for Daylight Savings time. I hate this time change. It’s nice in the afternoons, but it is hard in the mornings. I didn’t have a problem with losing an hour of sleep yesterday, but this morning it hit double hard. I guess it wasn’t just the losing on an hour, but that coupled with the fact that my daughter is home on Spring Break this week and hubby is still unemployed, everyone was in bed still sleeping! I WANTED to be in bed still sleeping too. I think I may take off a few days at the end of the week and stay home too. Plus, it was still dark outside at 7am. I can predict the future. Really. I can. I can see me going to bed early tonight.
You know I thought when we finally got a new PC at home that I could have all this time on the weekends to lounge around and record all of my thoughts. Somehow it hasn’t worked that way though. Dreams and reality are never the same, are they? Now that we have a PC at home, my daughter has become quite computer suave and she now spends more time on the computer than I do.
The kids at her school have a website that they all go to. They can leave messages on each other's "walls" and share pictures. You have to be accepted as a 'friend' before you can see or comment on someone's page. It identifies you by the school you are in, so I feel pretty comfortable in her being there. Plus, I have her password and it is tied to our family email account. I told her that she wasn’t going to have any accounts on the computer that I didn’t know the password to.
Saturday, hubby and I took daughter and two of her friends to the girls State Championship basketball game for their high school. The girls bought plain white tshirts and paint and made their own tshirts. They painted their school name on their face and wore their uniform skirts. When we were at a game a few weeks ago, I started talking to a lady sitting in front of me. Her kids didn’t go to either of the schools that were playing, they were just there watching the games. It was her, her husband and their two sons. I was talking back and forth to her, she had asked me a question about my daughter's school. We conversed about the school and some of kids playing, giving her a little bit of info on certain players, etc. One of the sons turned around to me and said, "What's the deal with them wearing kilts?" I laughed. He was referring to the uniform skirts that the girls wear. Aw, gotta love those school uniforms!
This is the third year in a row that we have made it to the championship game. We have won the past two. This December, Coach Brady, the assistant coach to the girl’s team, died. When the playoffs started the girls had shirts made with his picture on the front and "Brady Bunch" on the back. This is the uniform that they chose to wear during their pre-game warm-ups.
It wasn't looking too good for us Saturday. We were struggling. At half we were only up by 1 point. Later in the third quarter, we losing by up to 10 points at one time. Our girls kept trying to shoot 3 pointers and they weren’t making it in. Finally we started a come back with 3 minutes left in the game and we ended up winning by 5.
When the buzzer sounded at the end of the game, one of the girls ran over to the sideline and grabbed one of the t-shirts. She ran to the center of the court and held up the t-shirt, showing his picture to the crowd. His parents were there. The team motioned for them to come down to the court and they did. The head coach and the girls hugged them and they accepted the trophy with the team. As his parents made their way to the court, the student section started chanting "Thank you Brady!" over and over. There was not a dry eye in the parent or student sections and there is not a doubt in any of our minds that we had an angel watching over us this Saturday afternoon. Thank you Brady.
8 comments:
Are you talking about me???
I'm thinking of one person in particular. Exceptionally long, novel-lengths posts.
(And I'm sorry you hate my short posts!)
short posts, long posts, it doesn't really bother me, if I like the person I'm reading.
Eileen - we heart your short posts, because you bleeding well do about 3 a day, it still takes just as long to read! lol
It was the comments on your blog Eileen, but I am not talking about your's. Your short posts have 'character' and you post more than once a day, so they add up. Plus, I dont return to short-posted blogs...
Ditto VI! That is what I am saying...I dont return to blogs with no "substance"...lol VI and I are the same page!
I prefer the shorter posts. I don't know why exactly.
You have a lot of blogs to read Woodrow, so the shorter the post, the faster you can move on. lol
I like Woodrow's short posts. He is concise and to the point.
See? Maybe I am just jealous of the people that can write short posts. I am a very detailed oriented person, so I assume that every one wants a ton of details like I do. And maybe they dont.
I read something from a few certain someoneS (not Eileen) who said something like that the other day, even referenced my long rambles and then proceeded to leave really long posts themselves the next few days! Classic. It doesnt matter. Sometimes i dont have time to read everything fully, or sometimes i want more from the short ones. it goes both way, i agree with vi, if i like i read anyway.
btw - the brady bunch story brought tears to my eyes. inspiring isnt how peop can be so moved.
yay the bunch!
yeah Joie, it was sad, but sweet....and kind of the whole point to my post, not the debate of long posts vs short posts. LOL
Post a Comment