Well I have thought long and hard about this tag I got from VI. And actually the thing I came up with, I have already posted about, just not in the format it was assigned. So, refer back to this post. But in fulfilling the task at hand, I say "Real moms do nothing."
Real moms have to sit back, watch, listen and wait. We watch the friends, boyfriends, arguments and parties that parade through our children's lives. We listen to the laughter, jokes, tears and ugly words. And we sit silently. Waiting. We wait for our children to come to us, to reach out to us to hold them, to wipe away the tears, to listen to the funny stories, to listen to the hurtful comment and to give them a shoulder to cry on.
As parents we often can see the wrong move that our child is taking or that their friends are taking them. Would they listen if we interfered? Unless it is something that is illegal or life threatening, the best thing we can do is to sit and do nothing. We have to let our children learn from their own mistakes, no matter how hard that is.
We know the when our child is first learning to walk that they will probably, more than liking, fall at some point. When they fall they are going to scrap their knee or elbows. So should we as parents discourage our kids from learning to walk? No. We just watch, listen and wait. Watch for them to fall, listen for the crying, wait for the tears and then we respond.
Think back to your own childhood and teenage years. Would you or did you listen to your mother when she would tell you not to do something because it would hurt you? No. You had to try and prove her wrong, learning that after all, she was right. Even as adults, we sometimes still dont listen to our mom. So she sits patiently ...watching, listening and waiting...doing nothing.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Real moms...do nothing.
Written by:
always kris
at
3:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Either that or they send you to a military school.
Fabulous post Kris. Seriously, really, really great!
Is that what you have planned for your boy? Or is that what your parents did to you? Actually I was just considering sending my daughter off to be a nun.
Thank you OG, as was your's. We dont get paid a monetary value, but we get paid in hugs and kisses, those are of more value! :)
what a great post Kris. I certainly didn't listen to my mum when I was younger, it's only now I'm older that I realise how wise she really is. Am sure your daughter will feel the same as she gets older. Loved reading this post :-)
Goro, you wont actually realize just HOW smart your mom IS until you have children.
Well done, Kris!
this was great!!! i think my mum still waits
That was very insightful. And so true.
Post a Comment