I admit it. I am an ironaholic. I hate wrinkles. I love the power I exhibit over clothing as the wrinkles disappear. I feel like a magician.
Boldly I hold the item up for all to see, slowly turning from left to right...'Do you see the wrinkles? Now watch as I make them disappear!' Placing the item slowly on to the ironing board, carefully I pick up the iron and place it genlty on the clothing. Slowly, precisely moving the machine across the fabric. Then I pick up the smooth item to show to the onlookers as I hear a small gasp of 'wow' as they see there are no visible wrinkles to be seen! Amazing.
Well after much thought and consideration I have decided that it is time to pass my skill down to my daughter. She is learning to iron her own clothes. Sunday morning she was ironing a shirt for church when I hear:
"Mom can you come help me put water in the iron? The water wont go in and it keeps running all over the ironing board."
"Did you slide open the place where the water goes?"
Silence.
"Oh. It opens?"
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Ironing skills
Written by:
always kris
at
9:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Can you teach me? I don't even own an iron.
lol Woodrow, of course. So you buy wrinkle free?
Kris I used to send my shirts back to my mum to redo when I was a teenager.
I am still an ironing freak now, but hubby does the ironing. I just let him do it, but always redo mine!
PS : Invite on its way!
oh Kris can you please come and live in my flat?! I HATE ironing with a passion...and I'm rubbish at it!
Me too Goro! I only ever iron maybe 5 things every few months. There's a knack to washing and drying don't you know!
And lol at your daughter. Such a teenage (read OG) thing to do!
Post a Comment