Monday, February 19, 2007

Burned out

I am so burned out on my job right now I dont know what to do. I dont want a new job. I have been here almost 15 years. I get 4 weeks vacation. But I have got to find something that I LIKE about my job besides a paycheck.

Update: 4:26pm
I am running out of here at 5pm! This has been the longest day. It is 'supposed' to be a national holiday in the US. It is President's Day. I actually work for a company this is considered a government agency, but yet we are working today. We have hardly had any customers, not enough to justify the payroll and utility bills that was spent today. Most of the other businesses I deal with on a daily basis are closed. It is so aggrevating.

I am making tacos for dinner tonight. Yummy! I have to get lettuce and tomatoes on my way home. I think I am going to get stuff to make cheese dip too. I am getting hungry now. Hurry up 5pm!

8 comments:

Vi said...

Definately Kris. Since you spend majority of your life there, you should be happy doing it. Good luck with figuring out what you want to do!

always kris said...

Oh I know what I want to do, stay at home, sleep as late as I want, redecorate the house when I want, go shopping when I want....now I just have to find a way to pay for it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Aww Kris, sorry... S has that job! Not sure about the redecorating tho. Taco's sound really good!

Mrs. S. said...

Mmmmm.... A hot meal...

Vi said...

You've made me crave taco's with that update! Hope you had guacamole with it!

always kris said...

Nope, sorry VI, no guacamole, but that does sound VERY good! We had cheese dip and salsa though. I thought guacamole was really fattening?

Burg, I, or should I say 'we', I have to give hubby credit too, try to made dinner every night. It seems that we are a rare and dying breed though when I talk to my friends or to my daughter's friends. One of my daughter's friends says the only hot meal her mom makes is mac and cheese. I just feel like that is one of my 'duties' as a mom and a wife, to make dinner every night. Now granted sometimes it may only be a grilled cheese and tomato soup, but its food, right?
S has what job ~a? Staying at home? Thats not nice. You know its not the job he WANTS. lol

Mrs. S. said...

I try to cook on nights when my husband is off work.. On nights when he works, my kids eat hot food, but I usually only eat salad or cereal, or some other quick crap...

always kris said...

We have salads a lot, chicken tender salads, so that is the "hot" portion of the meal. lol