Thursday, February 22, 2007

Peeve #1

I would have to say that my biggest pet peeve is double standards. Or should I say that the people who believe in double standards are my biggest pet peeve? It infuriates me when I see someone behaving in a way that they think the rules or laws apply to everyone, but THEM!

I was sitting a stoplight this morning on my way to work and the light had just turned green. In the crossroad line of traffic, I noticed a van that had turned and was trying to speed its way through the parking lots in order to get ahead of me and the traffic that had just been realeased from the red light. I sped up just enough so that she couldn’t turn out in front of me. I wanted to honk and wave at her as I passed. Granted, she probably had no idea why I was gloating with pride as I passed her, but damn it sure felt good!

5 comments:

Vi said...

Ah, don't you just LOVE that feeling? Sometimes I'm tempted to do something like that, but no, I must be patient along with everyone else.

Eileen Dover said...

Mmmmm.

Smell that sweet scent of justice.

Adam said...

It does feel good, doesn't it?

always kris said...

We would all love to do it VI!

E and Adam, it was sweet, but it would have been sweeter if somehow she could have gotten pulled over for going too fast in a parking lot. Would have loved to have seen those blue lights flashing after her! lol :-)

Midnight said...

People use our office car park as a rat run to get around the traffic lights when on red and it bugs me big style. We have a 10mph speed limit for safety reasons and boy racers drive at 40 plus. I love driving along at 5mph with them up right my arse ranting and raving. I sometimes stop the car get out and have words with them too if I have time. They don't tend to do it again once I've shown them the error of their ways.