Sunday, February 18, 2007

The irony of life

This weekend my husband and I were talking and I said, "You know what's so bad about you being home and unemployed?" Quizically he looked at me and said, "Being home and unemployed?" I said, "Well, besides that. For once you have all this time at home to do all the home repairs we talk about needing to do, but we dont the income to do it." Awwwww....the irony of life!

7 comments:

Vi said...

Get him to do the housework then Kris!

always kris said...

He does VI. He is good. MOST of the time. I know we argue, what married couples dont? And we have problems in the past that we have chosen to forgive, but basically, he is a wonderful husband, father and friend.

Vi said...

Well it sounds things are going better for you at the moment, Kris. Good on ya!

always kris said...

They are going good, but you said the key phrase "at the moment". But I really truly hope that he and I have been through our rough patch in our marriage and now we are in this for the long haul. He will always do things that tick me off and I am sure I will always do things that tick him off, but hopefully we will always work through and remember why we are together.

Ordinary Girl said...

Aw, lovely to hear you talking so sweet about him.

And paint is pretty cheap you know...

always kris said...

OG, I will probably regret talking so sweet and wish I had never said any of it! lol

Tobiwan said...

That can't be helping his self-confidence. I remember being unemployed for a few weeks (several years ago) and how absolutely maddening it was to not be at work during the day.

I'm sure he'll be back on his feet soon enough.

Glad to hear you're back in the internets!