Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Affectionate names, forgiveness and turtles

awww, JD called me 'honey'. I love it! :-) You are so sweet. I wasnt brought up in a home where affectionate language like that was used. I dont think I ever heard sweetie, baby, honey, darling, etc... while I was growing up. We had names that we called each other, but not affectionate ones like that.

Sometimes I have a very sarcastic tone. I use my sarcasim a lot to hide my feelings. I will laugh or say 'I'm just kidding'. When really, it is just my way of hiding how I feel. It is my "out". I dont give my own feelings a lot of validity. I always assume that my feelings are wrong.

Thanks JD. I asked someone today about work about that song and that was what they said also, Sno Patrol. I had a friend that sent me the song "Run" by them. I really liked it a lot. Well now I have another CD to add to the list of ones I am wanting to purchase.

Joe....of course, I most certainly forgive you. I just dont want to loose one of my readers. And yes, you are right, had a comment been made like that in chat, it would have been cleared up right then and there. That is the beauty of 'real' time.

I am a very shy and reserved. I love turtles. Once someone told me that it was because I was in a way like a turtle. I have a hard shell that I hide in, sometimes I will gather enough nerve to poke my head out and look around. But if there is a loud noise or unexpected movement, back into my shell and hiding I go. I never know how long I will stay there until I gather enough nerve to stick my head out again. LMAO! Did I really compare myself to a turtle?!?! I really do love them. I will pull over to the side of the road and pick them up and move them so they dont get ran over.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm....I'm sure tardy would be very jealous right about now. lol



CK

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

Hiya,

I wonder what your birth sign is.. Oh yeah its Libra... I always though that Cancerians were the shy reserved type. Muts admit I dont knowe too many Libra's. I think childhood has a lot to do with the way we are as adults, Our parents ought to take a lot of responsiblility for why we are the way we are as adults.I am trying to ensure that all i liked/didn't like and that had an effect or affect on my life is differnt for my kids. I wanted my weakness to be their strenghts. Kris, I am sure we will be buds for allong time on here. you just need to promise never to assume I mean anything bad of you, rather claify my meaning. We all "speak" English albeit a very differnt form. So Aussie English is diff to South African English to American english etc etc..
Keep on writing....
PS I like your taste in music, we do share a bit in common after all.

Mummy said...

lol, I was totally LMAO at you comparing urself to turtle before u even said it, u funny girl.

Plsd I could help with the snow patrol and the 'honey' thang. I dont often do it to be honest, i wanted u to feel better after joe was a typical forthright aussie male ! (joking joe! sorta) I don't often call boyfs nice petnames, but the hangover from living in london for years is saying 'darlin' to everyone, partic strangers ! duh, what is that about? inappropriate or what. how are ya darlin? ;-)

always kris said...

CK ~ Tardy knows he is my first "love". Its just you he is jealous of and that is only because you dont like him. :-p

Joe ~ awwwww Thank you so much for the comments. I hope that we can continue to be loyal readers of each other's, although it sounds as if you are already growing weary of writing. Dont stop.

Joie ! How are ya darlin? Did you have a good day? :-) You are just too cute and sweet. You have brought many smiles to my lips. Thank you. So are Aussie males like Joe a tad bit 'forward'? lol

Tobiwan said...

If you're shy and reserved, then the blog sounds like something that's going to be a good thing for you. There's nothing greater than the feel of praise and support from people you only know as a name. I'm glad to be apart of that group.

always kris said...

Me too Tobiwan, especially since you and Anne were one of the original "encouragers" for me. I hope I havent disappointed ya'll with my boring life and posts! lol