I just got an email at work that says every Friday during football season, we can wear jeans and our "favorite team's logo". I am so excited to be able to wear something other than the typical work logo polo on Fridays. Now, do I go pro or college? I have both. I will probably go with the college team this week. I am sure that won't last long though. It will soon be an embarrassment to wear it since we will get our butts kicked Saturday. Well maybe I will go one the first week and then another one the next. Or! It could just be another reason that I need to go shopping! lol Like I need a reason to do that!
I love football season. It makes me think of high school. I loved high school. I would love to go back and relive my high school years. I have always said that if given the chance I would change the way I was in high school, but if it came right down to it, I don’t know if would. I was very shy, reserved and quiet in high school. I dated one guy from 9th - 11th grade. He was two years older than I was. He was very outgoing and one of the rebellious, popular kids. I kind of stood in his shadow. I was always known as "his girlfriend". Even after we broke up, no one else would ask me out because I was "his" ex.
I was so in love with him. I was such a "good girl". He and I were both virgins. I was only 14 when we first started dating. He tried to get me to give in, but I wouldn't. We did every thing but "that". He said he would wait for me. I thought he would. I thought he did. He broke up with me a couple of times, but would always beg me to take him back and I would. But then when I have had enough of something, that's it, so I broke up with him. Fifteen years later, when we saw each other again for his class reunion, he admits to me that he cheated on me numerous times. Even all these years later, it hurt. I had carried a torch for him, thinking about how much he must have loved and respected me to wait. I was naive. I believed him.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Team Spirit
Written by:
always kris
at
3:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's always the first ones that stand the test of time. My first girlfriend (in HS) will always be the sexiest, hottest thing I'll never have again.
Post a Comment