Monday, September 18, 2006

Getting Started

I had a garage sale this weekend. It was okay. I didnt make a lot of money, but hey, I ended up with more than I started with. This is like the third or fourth one that I have had in the past year. I didnt realize I had that much junk. I think that is one of the advantages to growing older, you learn how to let go of "stuff". When I was younger, I would hold on to things because I had this fear that I would never, ever find anything like it again. No matter what it was, it was irreplaceable. But as I have gotten older, I realize that every thing is replaceable. Now, back to the garage sale.....have you ever gone to work and thought, "Why in the hell did I decide to wear this?" Well lets just say that I found the beginning of my next garage sale.

Isnt it sad when you are excited about purchasing a new iron, ironing board and coffee maker? Well I AM! You know those are things you dont put much emphasis on until you need a new one. My iron sucks so bad that I am afraid to iron anything white. And I am sick and tired of my coffee pot regurgitating all over my counter every morning. I think I am going to call my neighbors over to join in the celebration when I finally get to chunk this crap in the garbage!

I just notarized some papers for a guy who is leaving tomorrow to go to St. Lucia to get married. Poor thing. You should have heard the marital advice flying around this place to him. He said that they already had a little spat this morning and she threw herself on the couch crying and saying how she wasnt going. He had many females volunteering to go with him, no strings attached of course. I need it, I didnt take a vacation this summer.

3 comments:

Mummy said...

Poor guy! Thats gotta be last minute nerves of the bride tho surely? Hmmn, a holiday in Hawaii would rock my world right now!

Kelli said...

Wow..I would totally go with him is she backed out. Not to get married of course..but I could so use a trip!

always kris said...

Well the couple did come back later, together. She said that she had a "nerves" cry. They are supposed to be married tomorrow.