Monday, September 18, 2006

For Anne and Tobiwan

What to say, what to say.

I hate being a newbie. Ya'll (yes, I am a southern girl and that is a word where I live) dont be too hard on me.

Lets see, how did I get here?
I first got to the "blog world" through a friend of mine from high school. He and I have been friends for...wow, 22 years! Actually he was my first love. He ended up breaking my heart. I learned at an early age, to guard my heart. Hence, where the "Guarded Heart" comes from in my title. Anyway, he began a blog about his life and the recent round of depression he has been through, thus leading him into ECT treatments. I began reading and, of course, commenting on his blog. Hence, where the "Unbridled Tongue" comes from in my title. I never know when to keep my mouth shut. As I hope to show you all, I love to talk. When I began reading his blog, I would hit 'Next Blog' at the top of the page and I then I would also click on the people's blogs that would leave him comments.

Somehow, I wandered upon a lovely young woman's blog by the name of Anne. If I ever learn how to "blogroll", she will be the first one on my list, with her permission of course. :-) I started reading her blog daily and eventually commenting. Anne, I have to tell you here how much I love your blog. You are an amazing lady and I love the spirit that you have. I have had many laughs with you. Thank you for encouraging me, evendidntugh you didn't know it, to venture out and do this. That is one thing about me. I am not one to step out of my comfort zone. I have my comfort zone decorated just the way I want it and it is actually quite comfy here.

Actually, this is not my first experience with the internet. Chatrooms were my first experience, tv show chatrooms. I would go to the chatrooms to find out the behind the scene news. I swore when I went there that I would never comment. Well just like this, I eventually stepped out and started commenting. After the shows would end, a group of us would form an MSN chatroom designed around the show. It is amazing how you can befriend people you talk to on a daily basis via a computer screen. Over time, I exchanged emails and then a few phone calls with some.

That is another thing about me, what you see is what you get. I am not about the “fake” recreated life that some people dream up on the internet. I have found that I am the opposite, sometimes I am too open. I think it is easier to reveal more about yourself and your feelings to people that you don’t have to look in the eye. Then again, it also makes it easier for people who aren’t honest, to lie to you too. But that is a story for another time. I better get this posted before I end up writing a book instead of a post. Talk to ya’ll later… I hope!

4 comments:

Tobiwan said...

Awesome title Kris~that's a great start, as is the intro.

Thanks for the background on how you came to blogspot. I always find it interesting how people end up here.

Kelli said...

Whoo-hoo! She finally has a blog!

Im so happy. Its like you and Joie are my little blog kids.

It is really interesting to know how people get to these.

Now there is alot that I need to know about you lady..so get to posting!!

(and thank you for such sweet words..you can blog roll me any day!)

Mummy said...

Yay Kris - you have a blog !! Congrats... Anne and Toby are such bloody inspirations eh? watch those two heads swell beyond belief.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy I found your blog, Kris. Thank you for sharing w/ me. Its another part of you I have the pleasure to enjoy. I'm sure you know who this is.