Wednesday, February 28, 2007

VI is right

I don’t have an excuse for not posting, but rather I haven’t wanted to post for the mere reason I don’t want to whine to you all. I want everything to be funny and good. I want to count my blessings, not my worries. I want to practice what I preach and I feel like I'm not.

Hubby is still unemployed. It is getting very discouraging. He has had interviews, but no offers. It is discouraging to hear "You are overqualified." No unemployment checks yet. Our country sucks in the fact that we will give money away to every dumbass that doesn’t want to work, but you get raked over the coals if you have worked for the past twenty something years and need a little assistance!

I found this weekend that my stepdad lost his job on Friday. Basically the same thing that happened to my husband. His company got bought out, so instead of waiting around for them to fire him, he quit.

This makes me worry about my mom. My mom has Lupus. She has had to start going to a kidney doctor. Her kidneys are starting to fail. She may have to have dialysis.

Hmmm...good news? My daughter's banquet was Friday night. She looked beautiful. I was very proud. My baby isn’t so much a baby anymore and mom's heart was breaking. While she was at her banquet, my hubby and I went to have some burgers and a pitcher of beer. That was good. Really good. I am glad we did that.

7 comments:

Ordinary Girl said...

I hope things pick up for you soon Kris, although don't worry about moaning on here - blimey, the amount I do it!! Glad you and hubby seem much more settled, you should definitely get out more, just the two of you, I think.

Mummy said...

use your blog to moan and whine, you dont have to be positive for your readers ... stuff em!

hope something comes through for hubby with work. maybe he needs to diddle his cv to be less qualified looking (ridiculous isnt it!?)

your daughter looks gorgeous ... love her hair and her dress. definately a positive thing, even with the filthy look she is giving you!!

Vi said...

Yep agree with OG and Joie, Kris. That's what blogging is about. Moan away!!!!

Just... Why? said...

Did I miss the pic's then?

Always late to the party me.. :-{

As MP said Kris, "Always look on the bright side of life..."

(but don't feel afraid to have a good moan either)

Midnight said...

I hate the fact that if you work for years and become unemployed you don't get any benefits because you have assets. It really sucks!

Keep your chin up, you never know what is over the horizon.

always kris said...

Thank you all for telling me its okay to whine. lol I guess I just feel as if I whine, then I am giving in and I dont want to do that! I want to stay strong! But all of your comments made me feel much better. I know its weird, but I do feel better sometimes knowing I can turn to you all. Thank you.

Tobiwan said...

Overqualified...I'm beginning to hate seeing/hearing that word. I've been searching for alternate jobs myself, and have received that response almost every time.

The region I live in is pretty high standard of living, so maybe I'm asking for too much (which is barely above the regional average!). Overqualified my ass!