Yuck! I have been out of the office for the past two days. I had to go to training for a new computer system for my job. I hate being out of the office. The training was a bit repetitious. The only good thing was that they fed us. But the food was just average, nothing to brag about. We had lunch there, in the cafeteria where we were training. I hated not leaving the building all day. The building was huge. There were rows upon rows of cubicles. There were no windows. It was so quiet. Not leaving the building made for a long day. But we did finish early both days, so that meant I was home before I would usually even be leaving work. That was nice. But of course when you are out of the office for a few days, the work stacks up on you. When I left I was caught up, of course now I am behind, or at least it feels that way.
Isn’t it amazing the feelings that music can evoke in you? I love driving to work in the morning listening to my cd’s. I used to have a longer ride to work, so I had more time to listen to songs, but I moved offices and don’t have a long drive anymore, so I have to pick my songs very carefully so that I can get my “fix” for the day. It is also amazing to me how turned on you can get listening to music. Daydreaming and imaging the person that song makes you think of and the things that you envision doing. I listened to Hinder this morning and the song “Lips of An Angel”.
Do we have any other coffee lovers here today? I can drink fresh brewed coffee at any hour of the day. I love my coffee. I especially love the flavored creamers you can put in your coffee. I am not too keen on places like Starbuck’s though. Those places stress me out with all the coffee “codes”. There are just too many choices. And they look at you like you are nuts if you don’t get some big long rambling name drink. I’m a plain Jane kinda gal. I am definitely not one to pretend I am something that I am not just to impress someone. If you don’t like me as I am, then I am sorry, sorry that you won’t get the chance to get to know me!
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Now, get back to work
Written by:
always kris
at
11:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Aucklanders love their coffee...they are terrible snobs about it. i have one instant a day and reheat it all day long, i think thats plenty of caffeine for me!
i know exactly what u mean about music, not so handy getting turned on on the drive into work in the morning tho eh?!
Think NZ is 12 hours in front of UK at the moment ... so, its approx midnight for you ... hopefully ur sleeping well. Want to hear ur future pet blog Dr Doolittle, bring it on.
Um, ok now im confused, the time stamped at 7:15pm ... ? huh ?!
word verif: yemofex
Im not in the UK, Im in the USA, same time zone as Anne probably.
Coffee is one of my first loves... But sometimes I over do it and rattle all day long. Music, like a scent or smell can evoke extremly strong memories. It can bring you up or take you down...
BTW Kris,,, my train trip takes all of ten minutes.....Thnfully I think fast!!!
oops, duh, im blonde, i knew that.
Joie You are blonde are you not?
Kris, its weekend time my side of the world, I have two hrs to go before its home time at 5pm.
Hope you have a great weekend and get lucky. Me I'm off to do the family thing... Gonna be great.
jeez, u gotta watch me, im going round implying your english n'all!!! spreadin rumours! have a good weekend
Hiya kris, I know what you mean by needing some tunes while you drive to work. Before I moved in March, I spent well over 2 hours a day in my car~fucking maddening!
Without my driving music, I would've never found 5th gear ;-)
Joie, it is easier for a woman than a man to take care of those kind of things, even while driving though. I mean, afterall, there is no mess for a woman to clean up. ;-)
lol @ you trying to make me a English'woman'. I have been to England, but no, I dont live there and I dont think I would want to. It was very dark and gray most of the time I was there. Of course the sun did shine the day I left.
Wow Joe, that is amazing that your train trip only takes ten minutes, yet that is where you seem to take in most of your ideas for posts. Or it seems that way. Do you have a notebook that jot down ideas in? I have noticed that I have started doing that. As for the time difference, I have to sit down and figure that out with paper and pen too. I will need a schedule for all hours of the day in order to keep up. lol @ "get lucky" That isnt in my dictionary Joe! ;-) Enjoy the family thing. I have a "family" thing to do this weekend also.
Tobi, I actually miss the longer drive that I used to have to work. I dont miss the traffic, but like I said, I miss the music time. The time alone to think and listen to music was almost therapeutic in a way. Now...the road rage? Different story. That is how I found my 5th gear ;-)
Post a Comment