Saturday, November 18, 2006

Cinderella

So here I sit on a Saturday night...sweeping. Yep, might as well change my name to Cinderella. lol Dang I hate sweeping when there is cat and dog hair everywhere! We have three cats, two go in and out, one stays in all the time and a dog that stays in tooand I have hardwood floors, so I gotta sweep. Anyone have any suggestions as to some new invention to sweep with besides a good old fashioned broom? Anyone have one of those Swifter thingys? Let me know if you do and what you think please.

Its really been an extremely quiet weekend. Daughter wasnt home last night. I cant even get a phone call while I am home alone, but I did get a few, sweet text messages from a friend. D cheered at a basketball game this morning, so I went and watched her and the game. Our poor little team lost by one point, again. They lost by a point last week too. After the game, D went with her friend and I went to a store to do a little shopping. I was home around 12:30 and thats where I have been all day. I did take a little nap and watched some college football. My team won today. So I think that means we play Florida now for the SEC (South Eastern Conference) Championship.

This week is a short work week. I think I am off this Friday, even though I havent asked for it. I havent taken a vacation all this year. I have about 145 hours of vacation time. I have to take a week off before the end of the year, company policy to take nine consecutive days off. I work with finances, so they think that if I am doing 'shady' that if would float to the top during this time off. Okay, twist my arm, I'll take a week off! lol D is out of school this week, I almost took this week off with her, but that is not really a vacation if she is at home and I have to follow her around cleaning up after her. Hubs was off last week. So I figure I want a week all to myself too. Plus I might can take a little day trip somewhere or do some Christmas shopping!

Why is this a short work week you ask? Because Thursday is Thanksgiving. Friday is the beginning of all hell breaking loose in the stores and malls. After Friday, there will no more running to the stores for something quick. Ugh! I think I have some idea as to what to get D for Christmas. Tweens are hard to buy for, especially considering her BD was two weeks ago and we got her an iPod Nano then. I am sure she will have some ideas though!

Me? What do I want for Christmas? I'll let ya know later.

3 comments:

Ordinary Girl said...

Still waiting for the explanation of thanksgiving from ya! I need knowledge, and I want it in Kris-speak!

always kris said...

awwwww OG, "Kris-speak"...thats so sweet. (see? I told ya...I'm an easy woman to please)

Anonymous said...

swiffers are great, but I don't care too much for the wet nap swiffers. And I hate changing the swiffer pad, ew, you have to get your hands on all the dusty muck you just swifted. Ew.

9 consecutive days, WOW! A random week when nobody else is off would be a nice lil vacay for you.