Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What will I do?

Where am I?
Who am I?
How did I get here?

Wow.

Work has been a bitch this week. Lol @ "this week". What? All two days of it so far? Well a lot of the reason is it is the end of the month and in my line of work, that is the most hectic time. Everybody wants it done by the "end of the month", often forgetting that I am only person.

On top of that, my computer at home laid down and died this weekend. Well I was lucky in the fact that one of my parents had just purchased a new computer and offered me their old one. Great computer. Has things that I didnt have on my old one...fax, scanner, CD burner. I was SO excited! Well I should have known if there was something that could go wrong, it would. Afterall, we are talking about ME! The damn thing wont work with DSL. I dont know enough about computers to know anymore than that. I know where to turn it on. Hubby and his friend have been working on it. Who knows. I am about to give up and curl in to the fetal position and start crying. I HAVE to have a computer! I am freaking out.

Then hubby and I get in to an argument today, so I am sure it will be a cold day in hell before he fixes "my" computer now. Maybe Santa Claus will bring me a new one! HA! Well I get a bonus in January, I was going to use that buy new furniture, but it looks like a new computer will be in order first. But what will I do in the meantime?!?! How will I live when I have to take a week's vacation and I dont have a computer! OMG! I havent even thought of that til just now!

16 comments:

Mummy said...

Internet Cafe? You could end up playing 'Doom' with spotty 15 yr old boys. Let me know if they recommend any porn sites!

Shit - it so sux not having a PC...i think you should def buy one with ur bonus.

Thomas said...

Hello from Seattle.

Angela-la-la said...

My answer would be to find out how to fix it myself then stick two fingers up to hubby!

Hope you get it sorted soon, hun!

mt_detroit said...

Take the computer to Compusa. They will have it working with DSL in 20 minutes.

PS. all it needs is an ethernet card.

Tobiwan said...

hiya kris. Working with DSL happens to be what I do for a living. We'll have to find some means of communicating if you'd like some advice.

Sam said...

Oooohhhh, Kris. Look at the hello from seattle!!!! Yep. Agree with Joie. Spend the money on YOU!!!!

always kris said...

I have thought of going to the library, but I really hope I dont have to go that long.

Hi Thomas, how did you find me??

Sam, that really isnt his pic, I had to go check it out too. Unfornately, that is Britney's ex, KFed...UGH!!!

FB, lol @ two fingers. I do that already! :-)

MtD, I dont understand why its being such a pain! It keeps throwing me in to a "safe mode", something to do with Windows.

Ok Tobi! I thought maybe somebody out there was a computer nerd! ;-)

mt_detroit said...

Kris,
Its probably an incorrect driver then. It can be fixed. Get a computer geek there or take it in.

I'm a geek but I couldn't fix it over the internet. If you want to drive here then I would be more than willing to help.

Ah what the hell! Splurge! Buy a new and be happy!

Ordinary Girl said...

Life without a computer?? Doesnt bear thinking about!! (shivers)

Sam said...

Yeah, Kris, I discovered that too when I checked out is blog. Felt like a twat after leaving that comment! lol

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

Hello Kris... Long time no hear. Hope yor well.

joe

Kelli said...

I hear you about that end of the month crap. It mystifies me that 60% of our month is done in the last two days.

Mummy said...

im hating you not having a PC !! miss you !!

Anonymous said...

Was that a random THHGTTG quote I spied there?

Vi said...

Kris, come back! We miss you!!!

Ordinary Girl said...

Aaah, where's our Kris??!!! Blogland just isn't the same without her!!