Unfortunately we've had one of my Wife's Sisters living with us since she was 13 (long story - maybe one for a slow day on the blog), so most of THAT kind of thing is done with a whisper!
Plus we're British don'tcha know - got to keep that Upper Lip stiff...
Hi Kris, I've been married for 4 years (as of tomorrow - shit I've forgotten to get a card) and known my wife for 6 (we moved in together within a few weeks of meeting)
My Wife's Sister was 13 when she came to live with us and is now 18 and has just gone off to Uni. I have a daughter who is 28 Months old but no other kids (yet)...
Phew... the potted history of JW in 30 brief seconds (it flashed before my eyes as I typed lol)
You're on the button on the Math's and yes - we had our moments with the SiL but it could have been a LOT worse..
I found myself in Blogland after reading an article about Petite Anglaise in the Telegraph (a UK newspaper). I started to follow links from people commenting on her site, got hooked and then decided I'd have a go too (rather than just 'lurk' on other sites).
Unfortunately I think I'm a lurker not a writer ;-)
I agree JW, writing is hard...commenting is so much more fun. Blogging is a lot like fishing. Your posts are the bait and comments are your "catch" for the day. Some days are better than others that is for sure. But you have done a good job with your posts. Soon you will develop the blogger mind and start recording events in your mind and think, "Wow, I can blog about that!"
You will have to go read MS' blog for reference about the Pringle's can. lol
"Blogging is a lot like fishing. Your posts are the bait and comments are your "catch" for the day."
I dunno about that, i often dont expect comments on a post and am surprised when i do, and then other posts i dunno why i just get 1 comment. I guess my point is, we dont ALL post to fish for comments ... although comments are like crack for my soul!
I'd just like to register my interest in the pringles!
yep, we all love comments, but Joe makes fun of me if I have a bunch of comments and half of them are me talking! :-p to Joe. lol I guess it is the old days of chat that are still left in me...I like to carry on a conversation, even it is with myself. :-)
"Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts. So, when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will."
~ from the movie 'Hope Floats'
25 comments:
I so know *that* feeling
*big hugs*
Hi Kris,
DIY - Do It Yourself (or in my case Do It Yelling, as I'm usually cursing whilst attempting it)
My wife knows me WAY too well - I think she had me pegged from the night I met her!
I have no idea of the reason for yourr posting that, of course, but I'll echo Wild Cat's *big hugs*
Yelling in pleasure - now there's a thought!
Unfortunately we've had one of my Wife's Sisters living with us since she was 13 (long story - maybe one for a slow day on the blog), so most of THAT kind of thing is done with a whisper!
Plus we're British don'tcha know - got to keep that Upper Lip stiff...
Man, sometimes it doenst take much to say a lot, ya know? Its a great day actually. Thank you for the hugs...I love hugs.
JW (just why)...I cant believe that all you Brits are so prim and proper, especially after reading the English girls blogs! lol :-)
Then have a few more
{{{hugs}}}
The Manslut can turn into a Hugslut at the drop of a hat, y'know... stiff British upper lipedness or not!!
lol MS, better take what I can get while the getting is good! yeah, you boys do a good job of trying to act all "stiff",
Hi Kris,
I've been married for 4 years (as of tomorrow - shit I've forgotten to get a card) and known my wife for 6 (we moved in together within a few weeks of meeting)
My Wife's Sister was 13 when she came to live with us and is now 18 and has just gone off to Uni. I have a daughter who is 28 Months old but no other kids (yet)...
Phew... the potted history of JW in 30 brief seconds (it flashed before my eyes as I typed lol)
We act all stiff and not a Pringles tube in sight!!! ;)
You're on the button on the Math's and yes - we had our moments with the SiL but it could have been a LOT worse..
I found myself in Blogland after reading an article about Petite Anglaise in the Telegraph (a UK newspaper). I started to follow links from people commenting on her site, got hooked and then decided I'd have a go too (rather than just 'lurk' on other sites).
Unfortunately I think I'm a lurker not a writer ;-)
lmao MS...I see now, you use that to cover with!
Hmmmmm... Pringles.
Not sure what they have to do with stiff upper lips (although I could probably balance a Pringle on mine if I tried)
I agree JW, writing is hard...commenting is so much more fun. Blogging is a lot like fishing. Your posts are the bait and comments are your "catch" for the day. Some days are better than others that is for sure. But you have done a good job with your posts. Soon you will develop the blogger mind and start recording events in your mind and think, "Wow, I can blog about that!"
You will have to go read MS' blog for reference about the Pringle's can. lol
Blimey - just caught the Pringles reference...
'Fraid mine would have to be a loo roll, or perhaps an individual Hula Hoop lol
Um... look, before this gets out of hand, I'm not as big as a Pringle tube. It was just used as a reference for sizing, that's all.
Honest!!
(And a serious LOL and the hula hoop comment *g*)
lol @ "loo"
I have a new vocabulary after reading all the English blogs I do. "Snog" was one of the first I learned. Then I learned what "wank" meant. LOL
lol MS doesnt want all the women knocking on his door asking for a Pringle!
Blogging is a lot like fishing. Your posts are the bait and comments are your "catch" for the day.
Dead right!
On my other blog, I normally get about eight or nine comments a day. I received over 80 comments yesterday. I hardly had time to work.
MS doesnt want all the women knocking on his door asking for a Pringle!
Well, actually, that wouldn't be so bad... ;)
I'm worse than you Kris. I don't just want to be the one for someone else, I want someone else to be the one for me too!!
Great point OG and so true.
Don't we all Kris! You hit the nail on the head there. It seems we all have at least that in common
"Blogging is a lot like fishing. Your posts are the bait and comments are your "catch" for the day."
I dunno about that, i often dont expect comments on a post and am surprised when i do, and then other posts i dunno why i just get 1 comment. I guess my point is, we dont ALL post to fish for comments ... although comments are like crack for my soul!
I'd just like to register my interest in the pringles!
{hugs} - ooo - my first ever hug sent by blogger!
yep, we all love comments, but Joe makes fun of me if I have a bunch of comments and half of them are me talking! :-p to Joe. lol I guess it is the old days of chat that are still left in me...I like to carry on a conversation, even it is with myself. :-)
I'd just like to register my interest in the pringles!
*sigh*
At this rate I can see I'm going to be posting a picture.
Post a Comment