Today is/was much better. I was so tired when I got home I ate dinner and crashed on the couch. At one point I fell asleep. I woke up scared, dazed, not knowing where I was, what day it was, whether or not it was night or day. I must have just passed out the second my head hit the pillow. Too bad it was only 7:30pm. lol Yesterday was such a rainy, gloomy day day. Thank goodness the sun is out and shining today.
I truly appreciate all of your comments. I have talked to my husband before about how I feel. I have made suggestions about things he could do. He is just not an affectionate person and I am. We went to counseling about 12 years ago. A few years after that I wanted to go again, when he asked for a divorce, and he said no. He said he was not going to have someone else tell him how to feel. I think that had a lot to do with the fact he was hiding something. I think my husband had an affair. He never admitted to it, but 2+2 =4. I wish you men would give us women more credit. lol So that in a nutshell is a little about my hubs and my marriage.
Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! My daughter has a basketball game to cheer at Saturday morning, but it is just us girls again this weekend. Basketball is not my favorite sport, I really wish I wasnt going to spend the first thing Saturday morning being cooped up in a gym.
There arent that many American readers that come here, that I know of, I need to do one of those "comment if you are lurker" post like some of you did once. But anyway, for those of you that do celebrate Thanksgiving next week, what is the one thing, the one dish that is served at Thanksgiving that you just love and wait all year to have?
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Thank you
Written by:
always kris
at
4:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Thanks for visiting my site. I plan to read more of your site.
I'm American...but my family boycotts turkey. Mmmmm, beef tenderloin....
I read your post about your husband a few posts down. One of my friends once told me. "NEVER allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."
It sounds like you guys have some serious issues. I don't know to resolve it. Obviously I failed. But you can't ignore it. It will not go away on its own. It will only fester until the relationship is gone.
How about suprising him with a trip. Pack a bag for him. Hide it in your car. Take him to the "store", but keep driving and driving. Drive to some other city where you have a hotel and dinner reservations, and tickets to a show or sports event. DON'T sleep at all. Show him what he is missing!
Oh your question.
I eat about 2 or 3 pumpkin pies every year in November and December. Then none till the next year.
I make a mean Pumkin Pie,, but Still have no idea what "Thanks giving" is about, Another of those holidays/festivals we see the amearicans do in TV series and wonder what they are on about. Time for some of your great research Kris??
Hear, hear to Joe! I was only thinking the other day that I should ask you what Thanksgiving is all about?? Yes, uneducated Brit here, I know!!
Good luck with your hubby and stuff Kris, I wouldn't presume to even attempt to advise!
Your quote from Hope Floats made my eyes well up. My ex rented that movie for me and used that quote quite a bit in previoous years.
I found your site through Mt_detroit. He is a good man, I think you will like his blog and vice versa!
Thanksgiving is a holiday that gives us an excuse to take off work and eat lots of food with our family. Most of us get 2 days off and a lot of Americans travel the country on Thanksgiving to see family. It busiest travel day of the year.
As winter was approaching the first year for our first settlers, the native Americans in the area brought food to settlers. They celebrated with a feast. The tradition continued year after year and it was later called Thanksgiving. That first winter was harsh on the settlers and many of them died.
I did something new this year I celebrated an obscure British holiday. I attended a fireworks and burned a bonfire in effigy for Guy Fawkes!
Thanks Mac!
MtD, thanks for your advice and for visiting. Although I do think that my marriage is better than it was, there are still so many things left unresolved, things that were said. That quote you told me? I have that posted somewhere in my blog already! too funny! lol
Adam??? why does your family boycott turkey?
Pumpkin pies are great! But my all time fav Thanksgiving dish is the dressing! YUM!
Joe, post your "mean pumpkin pie" recipe or email it to me.
Thanks for the history bit MtD.
Mac, thank you too for coming by via MtD. Hope Floats in my favorite "chick flick". There is another quote in there that I would like to get, but I cant remember it word for word...somethng about a moment of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special...do you know what I am talking about?
I can't believe your brit readers dont know what thanksgiving is!!!
I saw Girls of the Playboy Mansion the other day and they were in london, and Kendra asked if the english also celebrated 'thanksgiving' - lol - even americans (or is it just hef's girlfriends) dont understand what its about!
lmao @ Joie getting American traditions from the Playmates!
:-)
I KNOW what its about!
I aint stoopid. :-|
Post a Comment