Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Smiles and Good Thoughts

Seriously, dont you just love it when you are happy and you know that others are watching you because you just radiate with happiness? I have been smiling my ass off the past few days and today I look up and someone is looking at me, smiling. Smiling is contagious. I have met more people that I see on a daily basis in the past few days just because I smile at them.

I was talking to the security guard earlier. I offered him a donut. He said no, that his wife would kill him if she knew he had one. I told him she didnt have to know, I wasnt going to tell on him. He said, "yeah, but I know how you women are with your '6th sense'." So my question here is, do you women really feel that we have a 'sixth sense' about things? And if we do, why dont we listen to it more? Awwwwww the joys of the holidays and the family guilt and pressure from your family. You know I am only ONE person and I can only be at one place at one time! Just drug me now and let me sleep til January!

Sam? HELP! The holidays are already reeking havoc on my exercise! I havent been to the gym all week, plus the food that we have had brought to work already is crazy! In the US people start with the goodies from Thanksgiving thru Christmas! Monday: out to eat lunch to celebrate employees' birthdays. Tuesday: donuts from a customer, pizza party and birthday cake. Today: donuts from boss this time and a catered lunch from a business!

I have a doctor appointment today. Yep girls, that 'annual' thing. Geesh. I had a bad result over a year ago and had to go through some treatments. I am scared. Please pray, chant, sing, whatever you do, but send good thoughts my way and in the weeks to come til I get the results. Oh and on top of that, its a new doc. I feel like I am about to lose my breakfast. I hate being nervous!

Tonight I will be elbow deep in the kitchen getting Thanksgiving dinner ready. On the menu we have: turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes {real ones too! ;-) }, gravy, deviled eggs, corn, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, fruit salad, rolls and pumpkin pie for dessert! Oh and appetizers, a cheeseball and a crab dip to munch one while they wait for me to finish cooking. I have had my grandmother's china packed away ever since she died in 1994. I am getting it out of storage tonight and washing it. We are eating on it tomorrow.

11 comments:

Tobiwan said...

Smiles are definitely contageous. There's nothing more rewarding than when you can cause someone else to smile (from seeing yours), especially when they weren't doing it before.

Your thanksgiving sounds very tasty Kris. I wont be having turkey this year, but the time spent with the family is always precious.

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

Kris you still have not told us why you have thanksgiving. Someone mentioned that the Indians brought food to the firts settlers.. Didnt the Settlers the shoot the crap out of the indians later??? All too confusing for a none USA dude or dudette

always kris said...

Now Joe, why would they shoot someone who was bringing them food??? lmao

I am seriously sitting here laughing. They celebrated together. I'll post. I am glad you are interested. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it. I am still cooking @ 10:30pm!!! :(

always kris said...

Tobi, why no turkey? Well holidays can just be time for family feuds if you arent careful. oh boy!

Tobiwan said...

I'm making Steak and Shrimp by request of the kids. It all works out in my favor since both of these take about 10% of the time to prepare and my cooking is always a hit with this crowd.

always kris said...

awww Tobi, how sweet. Here it is 12:30am, I am still up cooking and everyone else is asleep. Hub fell asleep in the recliner around 9pm, thanks for the support hon! I guess I will be taking a nap during the football games!

Sam said...

Simple Kris - JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!!!! Have a great thanksgiving (avoid the cheeseball!!!) Nah, you just enjoy yourself!

Mummy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, although surprised that you arrange the gyno visit at this time of the year... something to be thankful for (?!~!?!?!) ;-)

Enjoy!

always kris said...

yea Joie, birth control pill prescription, although I dont know why I need to take them if Im not having sex, but then again a random man my appear! LOL

Angela-la-la said...

Hope you had a good day after all that work! Sending you good gynae thoughts too.

always kris said...

I feel bad... I had the year wrong, my Grandmother passed away in 95, not 94. I had it backwards, my grandfather passed away in 1994. I dont like to remember those dates.