Say it aint so! Britney files for divorce! Now if there was ever a couple that I thought would be married forever, it would be them! haha Whatever! What was she thinking?
Here is a list I found of 10 Things Guys Find Romantic. So guys, read it, tell us if you agree or disagree or make a list of your own. Wow. I am really curious to hear this. Personally I love #4.
EDITED: 11/8 12:25PM
Hey girls...tell me some romantic things that you have done for your guy.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Shock!
Written by:
always kris
at
9:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
30 comments:
Yeah poor old Brit....
Number 4 is good one...Thing a women in a button down shirt screams take me NOW!
Chocy yes... Romance? hmmm yes i have a vague recollection of it....
Why we dont chat as often? cos your mail is broken... and you gave up...
its sooo late, im gonna have to read the damn list (see, already im judging it as 'damn') tomorrow. but, i have to say, lucky Brit Brit!! Yay hes now Fed Ex. Hes bad news.
Hmmm.. I think the guy in No.10 has some issues - the p.s. being sexy because it reminds you of Mum? Eurrggggh.
No. 4 is true (for me anyway) but the real question has to be, are there actually men out there who collect 'antique hood ornaments?' (and would they admit it if they do!)
Hi Kris,
Nothing from my Wife yet - not sure she's remembered herself as she's awfully quiet about it today - or perhaps I'm in deep Doo-doo when I get home :-(
I have managed to forget the last 2 so she should be used to it by now!
What a good idea, I shall post my ten later on with some additonal ideas I have to expand the topic
I love wearing a man's shirt that he was has worn, when it smells like his cologne...leave it un buttoned too much of course, show off some cleavage...no panties of course. ;-)
I once won a "contest" with that answer. Women had to describe what they would wear to excite a man. The other women were all describing this lingerie and heels, etc. I just said his button down shirt and no panties. I won! :-)
I love the part in the movie "Pretty Woman" when he comes in from work and she is sitting there with nothing on but his tie and she asks him how his day was. I will do that someday, maybe...in another life (meaning another man! One that would 'appreciate' the gesture.)
I still GET mail Joe, I just cant send it out. And I didnt give up. I dont give up.
Good one Joie! lmao @ Fed Ex. He is just NASTY, as in gross, not the good kind of nasty. lol
JW, some of those were very dumb and/or, like you said, some of them have "issues". But it does prove a good point, you men are hard to buy stuff for! You havent been married long enough to forget that many times! You dont have very good odds JW...4 years and you forgot twice already?? yikes, that is only a 50/50 shot at you remembering. Are you any better at remembering her BD?
Sleepless, let me know when you get them posted. I would be curious to read your's.
Remember her Birthdays - good God no.. at least not without a lot of (usually very painfully emphasised) reminders lol
Have a look at my post today - it'll give you an idea of how crap I am!
Phew... I thought my one and only 'regular' had gone off in a huff!
I read somebody's comment (not sure if it was on your blog or not) that comments were like crack cocaine to them... I'm starting to get that now
My wife is amazingly tolerant of me. I wouldn't swop her for anything or anybody (whereas I think she'd gladly swop me for a full nights sleep lol)
The notes. I like things in writing.
Woodrow, I agree. I love writing and receiving notes, and cards. I once asked for a my husband to write me a "love" letter for Christmas. That was all I wanted. I didnt get it. I knew I wouldnt. Glad to see you are back safe and sound from your hunting trip.
I'd say 1, 4, and 9 were the only things remotely appealing, but I wouldn't say anything on this list was 'romantic'. I'm thinking, 'Oh baby, show me how badly you want it' *laughs*
My example of something I find romantic: Getting a text out of nowhere of someone telling you they're thinking about you.
It's little, yes, but enough to make me believe that I'm on their mind.
But Tobi I cant do that, I dont have your #! ;-)
you know what I find romantic? A guy that tells you what he thinks is romantic!
I am glad to hear these.
Hmmm. I'm not so sure I agree with much on that list. I'm not really into chocolate and the "women in men's clothing" thing doesn't really hit me either.
So...
Compliments: yes, absolutely.
Funny movies: maybe. They don't have to be funny though. I really enjoy sharing films like Titanic or Zombie Death Eaters, as well as comedies. It's the fact that you're *with* someone, rather than what you're watching.
I'd like to add things like walks in the woods or along the shore, hand-in-hand with no-one else around. Or (and sorry to sound like such a man) the good old fashioned "cooking him a meal".
I should add that the "cooking a meal" thing works both ways. I like to cook my lady a meal as well as have her cook for me...
hmmm, I love your ideas MS! Much better than the list. BUT! The key to those I think is that you have to communicate to your "other" how much those things mean to you. I have a husband who would NEVER tell me anything is romantic (how I ended up witha man like this...I dont know). I definitely agree with the walks. Thanks for those MS.
I love to be in the kitchen cooking together, or at least having him in the kitchen with me...come up behind me, put his arms around my waist or hands on my hips and kiss the back of my neck...whooooo...gives me chills..good ones! lol
Ok Kris, as requested, mine are posted.
PS I'm not surprised you won that competition!
Jo and I have been married for 21 years now... we still do the romantic thing.
Obviously with children and work and stuff we can't do it all the time, but she and I went away for a dirty weekend a couple of weeks back. A hotel in the country, just she and I and a bottle of wine or two. Allowed us to find a bit spice again.
You're perfectly correct though. Communication is vital.
You sound unhappy with your relationship. I hope I'm just reading it wrong...
you arent reading it wrong. I have been married almost as long as you. Keeping a marriage alive is work, by both. I express my desires and wants, but I dont feel like he listens. We are great friends, just horrible lovers.
Hello - here via Dancin'Fairy's blog...
#9 always works for me and my hot hubby. Some of the others were not that extraordinary...
I like to leave little notes or cards in my hubby's briefcase, his car, jacket etc. for him to find later. Or when he goes on a business trip - I put some candy and a love note in his suitcase, so he can find it when he arrives and unpacks at his hotel... He likes the attention and surprises...
I think the little things count most.
As for Britney & K-Fed...It's about time. I wonder how long we'll have to hear about it tho'...He was basically riding her coat-tails and using her I think...
Hey retro, thanks for coming by and for your input. I used to do that for my hubby when he went back to school. I would put notes and cards in his backpack or books, along with gum or mints. (he isnt a "chocolate" type guy) I hoped I might get the same in return, but I never did. At least I can say I tried.
You are so right about the little things.
I think that poor girl, Britney, was so desperate for love that she took the first guy that came along. He will have to find some way to make his own money now! ha!
That's bad. I'm really sorry.
I hope he's not one of those macho jerks who thinks it's wrong to show emotion?
I wouldnt say "macho", I just dont think it was the way he was raised. I have a post started on this someday, if I ever get around to finishing it and then get brave enough to post it. He doesnt like to talk about our problems, he things they are just MY problems.
Does he know you have a Blog; does he read it if so?
No, he doesnt. He knows I read them. He knows I have been in chatrooms in the past. Does your wife read your blog?
Always. I read hers too...
Yeah, poor old Britney (please note sarcastic British humour here!!). Looks like she's definitely lost her golden glow!!
As for romance... interesting to note that most of the male views of romance involve some form of sex, one way or another...
We girls need to learn!!!
I'm now worried that Fed Ex will end up like JT - more successful after a bust up with Brit Brit.
The most romantic thing ive ever had happen was getting into work in the morning, and my boyf at the time worked near me, left home earlier than me. When i walked up the path to the office, there was a massive Johnny loves Joie chalk drawing on the road. Massive big heart and stars and stuff. Didnt cost him a thing, but he had to go to effort to get there early and musta been a little embarassing drawing it! coolio - in fact he was mega romantic, but useless in other areas. will prob post about this.
What I find romantic is driving down the road, with your guys hand on your thigh, rubbing it up and down, very close to the crotch. Your favourite music playing on the cd. No talking, just touching.
Post a Comment