Thursday, October 19, 2006

Too much

Yow! Remember how I was complaining about the weather yesterday? Well guess what? The temperature has dropped 25 degrees than it was yesterday! I love it! I bought a new scarf and gloves this past weekend, now I may be able to wear soon. Football weather is finally here. I love going to a football game when it is cold outside. I love bundling up in coats, wrapping up in blankets and drinking hot chocolate! I guess that’s good since I am going to two gamesin the next two nights huh? My daughter is a cheerleader and tonight she has a game. Then tomorrow night she performs at a pre-game ceremony before the high school game.

It's homecoming week at my daughter's school. They have had a different “theme” every day: costume day, PJ day, Toga day and school color day. (They didn’t have school one day this week.) I never knew it was possible to spend so much money on “crap” for a kid to wear to school for just one week. Of course this is why she told me earlier in the week that her “life was over!” It was because I wouldn’t comply and take her shopping when she wanted to with the rest of her friends. Oh the drama of the teenage years. Well, guess what? She lived. Now the costume that she was dying for is waded up in a ball in the corner of her bedroom. I am sure the dog or the cat will make a bed out of it soon. The cat was already starting to eat the wig that she wore.

Wow, I have a football game tonight, Survivor and Grey’s Anatomy is on, plus the Cardinal’s game! Oh no! I almost forgot! There is a group of coworkers getting together after work for "going away" drinks for a co-worker. Last time we did that I had a hangover the next day, but it was at least on a Friday night that time. That was when "S" left. I miss having him at work! lol He and I had a little flirtation. At his going away party, we were all sitting at a long table, like a long booth. I was sitting by him and he put his arm around the back of the bench and started rubbing my back where no one else could see of course. He and I stayed and talked after every one else left. He walked me to my car and gave me a hug and that was it. Later he emailed me and commented that he hoped he had shown what kind of gentleman he was that night.

Crap. I go from having nothing to do to having it ALL happen on one night. Thats pretty sad when I say something to do and I mean watching tv shows huh? I hate it when there is so much to do in one night! At least I can wear jeans to work, so I know I wont be stuck ironing tonight too. Well maybe, because I must confess…I iron my jeans too. Just a little! No heavy crease or anything, but I cant stand wrinkly clothes. Unless of course they are that way from being waded up and tossed on the bedroom floor instigated from a moment of pure passion! ;-)

Hmmm…lets see…. what “team” shirt will I wear tomorrow. I have an OU fleece pullover that a friend of mine from Oklahoma got me for Christmas a few years ago. Maybe I will wear that. It sounds nice a warm. Who does OU play this weekend? Or I have a lovely long sleeve orange Texas tshirt. LOL

5 comments:

Sam said...

I have no choice tonight but watch the box. Greys Anatomy is on here as well. Watching it now! (1st episode series 2) It's amazing how 'americanised' your teenage daughter is. (What I mean by that is cheerleader, homecoming, football games - what we see in the movies, so life IS like that over there!!!!!)

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

Hey Kris..
You still haven't explain Halloween to me yet or Thanks Giving or any of the other American holidays/festivals.
It amazes me how we all speak alomost the same language, yet are still so differntin so many ways. I'm still earning to be an Aussie, the Brits are another lot and so are the South Africans, not to mention the Kiwi's. Still When we travel it seems that old Colonial countries seem to stick together I have found. America has always been out there. Mostly when you travel and yes I am generalis(z)ing here, you only meet those plastic Californians or Loud mouthed Yanks. Other than that all we know is what we see is on TV and lets face it 95% of what we watch is from the States.

always kris said...

Actually Joe, I have been doing "research" just for you on Halloween.

Joe(aka amalemind) said...

I forgot to mention that the weather over here has improved too, its a lovely 30 Celcius outside today, Roll on Summer!

Mummy said...

i do that, too much on tonight means, too much telly to choose from AND I am meant to meet a friend somewhere, i need three video recorders sometimes, its crazy. I love survivor too Kris!! It starts here on sunday, cant wait!
good luck with the outfits and the football .,,, cheerleading sounds soooo cool!